Self-Defense Workshop Coordinator Intern
MCN offers Community Education Workshops that provide community members with the tools to create positive change, develop personal and professional skills to advance the quality of life of their families, and advocate for a more just society where the rights of all are respected and realized. Through these workshops community members are connected to leaders, academics, entrepreneurs, and elected officials who share their expertise and best practices cultivated from years of experience.
MCN is seeking a Part-Time Workshop Coordinator to help coordinate the logistics and successful implementation of our Women’s Self-Defense and Empowerment Workshops. The Workshop Coordinator will work approximately 10 hours per month and must be available two (2) Saturdays per month when workshops occur. The Workshop Coordinator will work closely with MCN’s Program Director. This is a paid internship.
- Coordinating workshop schedule with self- defense trainers and volunteers
- Advertising and promoting the workshop on MCN social media pages and Eventbrite
- Reserving space for workshops and other logistics
- Managing guest list and print out sign-in sheets
- Facilitating each workshop
- Conduct follow up with attendees after the workshops
- Experience coordinating events
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and ability to meet deadlines
- Comfortable with public speaking and working with diverse communities.
- Available to work evenings and/ or weekends when workshops occur
This internship is open to undergraduate and post-graduate students in the NYC metro area who have an interest in community organizing, social work, psychology or a related field. To apply, candidates should send an email describing their interest and qualifications and their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Type WORKSHOP COORDINATOR in the subject line.