July 31st, 2017
Office Manager/ Bookkeeper (Part- Time)
Muslim Community Network (MCN) seeks a reliable, highly organized part- time Office Manager to support the daily administrative and operational needs of this rapidly growing organization.
The successful Office Manager will have experience with a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases) and be able to accurately handle administrative duties. He or she will be responsible for developing intra-office protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, office and program supply purchasing, basic book keeping, office staff supervision and task delegation. We’re looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. This position has the potential to become full- time with full benefits some time over the next year.
- Assist the Executive Director with administrative duties such as preparing general correspondence, monthly newsletters, press releases, board meeting materials, presentations, etc. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current; establish and monitor procedures for record keeping; design, implement and oversee adherence to office policies and procedures, and ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data and information.
- Manage city and state government funding contracts including DYCD Discretionary Funding contracts and ensure timely submission of reimbursement forms.
- Assist with grant and funding preparation, tracking and financial reporting.
- Ensure organization’s books are up to date and correct in Quickbooks, that all items are invoiced and paid on time, process expense reimbursements for staff, and work closely with the organization’s accountant for previous year’s Federal and State tax preparation and payment.
- Process monthly payroll.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail in timely manner; prepare and file documents correctly.
- Assist with coordination/planning of events, program activities, and the Annual Gala.
- Complete other assignments as requested.
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ administrative experience. Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and financial reporting.
- Proficient with Quickbooks, MS Office Suite, Google docs and CRM/ grant management software, e.g. Salesforce.
- Familiar with government funding contracts.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Energetic individual who can handle a fast-paced environment and work well juggling multiple responsibilities.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take responsibility and deliver results with a spirit of innovation and commitment to excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Facebook, Twitter and other social media; basic familiarity with website and database management.
- A commitment to social justice and interfaith engagement and community building.
- Experience writing grant proposals and planning fundraising events a plus
About Muslim Community Network
The Muslim Community Network identifies and cultivates the leadership skills of all Americans to fully participate in the social landscape.
MCN’s strategies include creating strong relationships with other faith-based communities; articulating and advancing an understanding of the need for citizen engagement; developing the skills and ability of our community to affect change; and building the next generation’s identity and capacity as leaders.
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates should email a one-page cover letter describing their interest and qualifications, resume and a writing sample no longer than three pages to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Type YOUR NAME – OFFICE MANAGER in the subject line. Please ensure that you include all required materials. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected to interview will be contacted.