October 6th, 2017
Operations Manager (Full- Time)
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the full- time Operations Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures to support the organization’s strategic growth. He or she will be responsible for developing intra-office protocols, improving administrative procedures, office and program supply purchasing, budget and operations planning, staff supervision and task delegation, and supporting fundraising initiatives. We’re looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats.
- Develop annual operations plan and budget with the Executive Director; advise the Executive Director on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, and policy matters in accordance with strategic plan.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization’s performance against budget, financial, and operational goals.
- Manage city and state government funding contracts including DYCD Discretionary Funding contracts, grant tracking and financial reporting, and ensure timely submission of reimbursement forms.
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time, process expense reimbursements for staff, and work closely with the organization’s accountant for Federal and State tax preparation and payment.
IT and Systems Coordination
- Review and evaluate current and proposed operating procedures and recommend improved efficiency strategies based on detailed analysis of current operational processes.
- Ensure implementation and oversee staff adherence to office policies and procedures.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data and information.
- Manage the Salesforce database and ensure timely records updates with new and existing donors, volunteers, vendors, etc.
- Create standard and custom reports and dashboards in Salesforce — with staff, determine which reports are needed (monthly, weekly, etc.).
- Prepare monthly newsletters, press releases, and strategic communications with stakeholders. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Monitor MCN’s email and social media accounts and respond to inquiries in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Create and manage advertisement of organization events and programs on social media and prepare eblasts on mailchimp.
Assisting ED with Core Organizational Responsibilities
- Assist the Executive Director with administrative duties such as preparing board meeting materials, presentations, etc.
- Manage logistical support for events, programs and community service activities, e.g. purchase supplies and make timely disbursement of payments to vendors, coordinate volunteers, etc.
- Assist with coordination/ planning of fundraising events and the Annual Gala; manage registration, event operations and gift collection follow-up (gift processing, collection, matching gifts, tracking, etc.).
- Attend meetings and represent MCN in the community as directed by the Executive Director.
- Complete other assignments as requested.
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ operations related experience. Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and financial reporting.
- Proficient with Quickbooks, MS Office Suite, Google docs and CRM/ grant management software, e.g. Salesforce.
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter and other social media; basic familiarity with website and database management.
- Familiar with government funding contracts and grant proposal writing and processes.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Highly organized, detail- oriented and able to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to take responsibility and deliver results with a spirit of innovation and commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- A commitment to social justice and interfaith engagement and community building.
About Muslim Community Network
The Muslim Community Network identifies and cultivates the leadership skills of all Americans to fully participate in the social landscape.
MCN’s strategies include creating strong relationships with other faith-based communities; articulating and advancing an understanding of the need for citizen engagement; developing the skills and ability of our community to affect change; and building the next generation’s identity and capacity as leaders.
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates should email a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications, resume and a writing sample no longer than three pages to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Type YOUR NAME – OPERATIONS MANAGER in the subject line. Please ensure that you include all required materials. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected to interview will be contacted.