December 12th, 2017
Operations Director (Full- Time)
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the full- time Operations Director will be responsible for developing and implementing internal organizational policies, procedures and systems to support the organization’s strategic growth.
The Operations Director will be responsible for coordinating staff communication, managing the organization’s HR, overseeing basic external communications; ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s financial and operations functions; and contributing to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, self-motivated, systems- oriented, meticulous with details, and an effective communicator and collaborator. This is an excellent position for someone who is looking to expand their career experience by joining a small, dynamic and growing organization.
Systems Development and Coordination
- Review and evaluate current and proposed operating systems and procedures, and recommend strategies for improving clarity and efficiency.
- Oversee effective implementation of office policies and procedures.
- Manage the Salesforce database and ensure timely records updates with new and existing donors, volunteers, vendors, etc.
- Manage grant and donation tracking and financial reporting.
- Manage invoicing and expense processes.
- Prepare strategic communications for internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee MCN’s email and social media strategy and accounts.
- Coordinate communication around organizational events and programs.
Assisting ED with Core Organizational Responsibilities
- Develop annual operations plan and budget with the Executive Director.
- Provide logistical support for program activities and fundraising events.
- Review and prepare financial statements and revenue data for presentation to the board of directors;
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure adherence to the organization’s annual budget, including tracking of receipts and expenditures, and preparation of financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Oversee adherence to HR policies and procedures.
- Monitor and control program and organizational inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate degree preferred. .
- Minimum 3 years’ operations related experience, including for example, creating and managing organizational systems, developing organizational policies and procedures, and managing/ overseeing organizational IT infrastructure.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Google docs; Proficient or willing to learn CRM/ grant management software, e.g. Salesforce, blackbaud, etapestry.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and basic bookkeeping or willingness to learn.
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter and other social media;
- Comfort in a fast-paced, growing organization.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly organized, detail- oriented and able to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- A commitment to MCN’s mission and values in interfaith engagement, leadership building and civic education.
About Muslim Community Network
The Muslim Community Network is dedicated to using civic education and leadership development to expand and shape the public narrative about what it means to be Muslim in the United States of America.
MCN’s strategies include creating strong relationships with other faith-based communities; articulating and advancing an understanding of the need for citizen engagement; developing the skills and ability of the community to affect change; and building the community’s identity and capacity as leaders.
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates should email a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications, resume and a writing sample no longer than three pages to: email@example.com. Type YOUR NAME – OPERATIONS DIRECTOR in the subject line. Please ensure that you include all required materials. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected to interview will be contacted.